Marine Harvest is the world’s leading seafood company offering farmed salmon and processed seafood to customers in more than 50 markets worldwide.
The company is present in all major salmon farming regions in the world and the biggest producer of farmed salmon with one fifth of the global production. In addition to fresh and frozen salmon, Marine Harvest offers a wide range of value added products such as coated seafood, ready-to-eat meals, delicious finger food and smoked seafood. Though salmon is the main farmed product, the company also farms white halibut.
- Marine Harvest Group is the result of the merger between Pan Fish ASA, Fjord Seafood ASA and Marine Harvest N.V. in 2006
- The company employs 6 200 people and has operations in 22 countries worldwide
- Marine Harvest has salmon farming and processing activities in Norway, Chile, Scotland, Canada, Ireland and the Faroes. Value adding processing activities take place in the US, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Poland and Chile. In addition Marine Harvest has several sales offices worldwide
- Marine Harvest is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (ticker: MHG)
- The company’s head office is located in Bergen, Norway